Most people want to lose weight, but find themselves tired of all of the same old mundane weight-loss “tricks” out there. If losing weight bores you because the weight loss routines you have tried are boring, then you are reading the right article. This article discusses some unconventional, fun, and exciting weight loss routines that are sure to get you motivated and on your way to a slimmer you!
- Avoiding soda is an easy way to lose weight without reducing food intake. Water is the best substitute, but milk, juice, and other natural, healthy choices are also important. Reducing the amount of sugar and calories you consume by avoiding soda and other unhealthy drinks will greatly supplement any weight loss effort.
- Although there are many exercises that can help or assist you in your weight loss, there is nothing better than jogging. Running and jogging can be done anywhere so it is very simple, but the best part is that you use your entire body, so it helps to shape things up.
- Always remain reasonable in your weight loss goals. A 5’10” woman is usually not meant to weigh 110 pounds. Consult your doctor and find your ideal weight. Doing so will better allow you to reach that goal. You will also have a better shot at maintaining your weight and remaining healthy.
- Try topping salads with a squeeze of lemon or lime. These citrus alternatives flavor your salad without packing on fat and calories. High-fat dressings are one of the top sources of fat, and by eliminating salad dressing that has creams and fats, you can have a salad without worrying about the effect it will have on your waistline or cholesterol levels.
- Sign up for charity walks or a 5K to kick your weight loss goals into high gear. Not only will you help a good cause, but you will also set yourself up for a meaningful workout experience. It is a great way to stay active with your friends (for instance, you could all join the same team) and stay motivated. When you do walks or runs for charity, you make exercise, which is crucial to weight loss, fun, and meaningful activity. You may even be inspired to work out to get in shape for the event.
- Idle hands are not a good thing, and this holds true for weight loss as well. Keep your hands and mind busy to ward off boredom. When bored, your mind tends to think of food, and you are more prone to emotional eating, so take up knitting or some other activity to keep your hands from reaching for that tempting brownie.
- A great way to help you lose weight is to stop eating regular cottage cheese and start eating non-fat or low-fat cottage cheese. Regular cottage cheese has a pretty high-fat content. Low-fat cottage cheese is much healthier and actually promotes lean body mass when eaten at night.
- If you are trying to lose weight you need to make sure to eat enough food. If you skip meals your body can go into starvation mode. It starts to lower your metabolism and store fat. This is the opposite of what you want. Eat regular, small meals of high-quality food.
Hunger is a problem for people trying to lose weight. Next time you are hungry, pause and think: is it true hunger or am I eating for non-food-related reasons? Many times we eat to satisfy emotional needs, or because we’re tired, or need comfort. Often, we’re just thirsty. Next time you feel hunger pangs, first examine your motives for feeling hungry and then try drinking a very large glass of cool water. Before you eat again, see if the drink has satisfied your needs.
- We all know that vitamin C benefits our bodies in many ways. But it also helps those trying to lose weight in that it converts glucose into energy. You will enjoy many foods that are rich in vitamin C. The list includes: broccoli, green peppers, kiwi fruit, lemons, oranges, and even cabbage. There are thousands of others!
As we all have come to know and hate, weight loss is boring. You see the same old weight loss routines and tricks, over and over, and you just get burned out on them and lose motivation. However, if you apply the exciting weight-loss tricks contained in this article, then you will never complain about weight loss being boring again!